7.25.2009

24th of July

Way back on July 4th, Nick and I said that we would go to the Bees game on the 24 to see the fireworks since we missed them on the 4th. So after work yesterday we headed to Spring Mobile Ballpark. Upon getting our game tickets, we were told that there wasn't going to be a Bees game cause the other team was sick and couldn't make it. They informed us that festivities would still go on with:
Home run Derby
7 inning game played by 2 Utah teams under the age of 18
Bees autograph session
Fireworks
We were there and I wanted to see fireworks, so we stayed!

The Home run derby was cool. People from the under 18 teams, and the Bees participated. The winner was actually a 16 year old who was on last month's cover of Sports Illustrated: Bryce Harper


Next was the game which was supposed to be 7 innings and it got cut back to 5 innings and then a run scored with one out to go till the 6th and it was over.

When the game had started, most of the Bees players lined up to sign autographs under the scoreboard. I jumped on that so I could add it to my Baseball Room. Some were nice, some were eh - I'm getting paid to do this.



Firework time! I saw someone video the show and thought - I want to do that. So I did and it was exactly the last 60 of the show. (It is sideways and I hate that fact, but I don't know how to rotate it)


Overall, what a fun evening. Oh and we got 2 tickets that we get to trade in for:
4 tickets to any 2 Bees games
Jazz Tickets
"and"
The race car place out yonder (can't remember what it's called)

Not Bad!

2 comments:

Jonathon and Amanda said...

Ha Ha thats funny. So glad that we didn't go.

Mahjong said...

Very interesting to share such writings.I really gathered much from this.Thanks for sharing.