9.24.2008

Car Trouble

It all started yesterday morning...
I went out to start my car and it had some troubles turning over with with a pump of the gas pealed it started right up. I went to work and served my time. I decided that I would go to the Oval to watch practice and say hi. Starting my car again was more troublesome! It did start and I made it to the Oval. While I was telling Nick about my car issues, Alex (a guy that works at the Oval) overheard the conversation and offered his help. I was told that he knows all about cars! He said that when I was leaving to come get him and he would have a look and listen.
Time came to go and so Alex and I walked out to my car. I started it up and right away he said it was the battery. I popped the hood and saw the mess! There was all this gross foam/gunk stuff all over where the wires connect to the battery. We got that all cleaned off and saw that the battery fluid levels were low. Took care of that. Alex then went to check the actual connection and it was hanging on by a string. It was all corroded away and he was shocked beyond belief that my car even ran. I tried to start it up and nothing!
Alex jumped it and said to get it fixed ASAP! I told him first thing in the morning. I was getting ready to drive off. I turned on my lights and it just died. I called Nick who was in the Oval to hurry and get out to the parking lot so we could figure out what to do. Alex jumped it again and tried to secure the connection as best he could. It was probably the only start up I was going to get so I told Nick that we should drive the car to his work cause there is a auto fixer next door, and leave it for the night. So that is what we did.
Now all this and it was getting late. Nick was due in Minnesota today and I was to drop him off at the airport at 6am. Getting home last night I made Nick a quick dinner while he got all packed. We got up this morning at 5, left at 5:45 for the airport in his car. Then I went back home to sleep and be out the door by 9. I was to meet one of Nick's co-workers so he would go with to the auto fixer. We got it all fixed and the battery was dead. Got it charged and Nick's co-workers were going to drive my car back to my house and I was off to work in Nick's car.
I got to work and got a call saying that my battery was a gonner and I have to get a new one. So my car is still at Nick's work and I have to go back there to get a new one... this that and the other.
So Nick is gone and I have to figure out how I am going to get both cars back home, then I have to cook chicken that has been sitting in the fridge tonight. Then clean and I am just like aaahhh. I'll work for a bit first.

No comments: